Safety tips. In changing or replacing the lamps.
1.Turn off the power.
2. Let it cool before touching it.
3. Use a ladder ensure you can safely reach the lamp/s by using a stepladder.
4. Remove/ replace the existing lamp/s depending on whether the lamp/s has bayonet mount or a screw fitting.
- Bayonet mount – has two prongs: firmly need to grasp the lamp, push upwards gently and turn anticlockwise until it is released from the socket.
- Screw fitting – firmly need to grasp the lamp twist anticlockwise until the lamp comes loose from the socket.
5. Replace the lamp/s.
6. Restore power.
7. Dispose old lamps. Old lamps needs to be disposed of safely as the glass is fragile and very sharp. Use the packaging from the new bulb to wrap the old one for safe disposal.